Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Taj Mahal

So I just realized when going through my camera that I never uploaded pics from the Taj Mahal. Nothing earth-shattering to share, just wanted to show you some photos.







On second thought, you didn't actually think I could manage not saying anything did you?

The Taj Mahal was built by a king for his wife when she died, and the entire building is made from white marble. The arabic writing and all the decorations around the sides are from onyx or tiny inlaid stones. The whole building is symmetical from every side - with one exception. When the Taj was built, the wife of the king was buried in the middle, but when the king himself died, her was buried alongside his wife - to her right. Now, the only unsymmetical part of the entire building are the graves.

I have been working hard on getting some photos of life here at my new home in the mountains - but tonight is a party here and the sun has finally cleared out of the sky, so I promise I'll post something tomorrow. I've been an awful blogger since I arrived here, I know. Hopefully I'll find some time tomorrow and the wait will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment