Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

My last 24 hours...

I thought I would be at the school until Sunday evening, when my bus leaves for Dhera Dun and Rishikesh, but the Dalai Lama is holding a teaching this weekend and we all wanted to attend.

So...I packed my things and headed up to McLeod Ganj for the weekend and will leave from here on Sunday.

I can't believe how quickly three weeks can go...

Last night, the students threw a party with dancing and singing - a memory I will never forget. Now, let me clarify that when I say singing - it means that each person individually has to get up in front of everyone and sing a song of their (or my choice). I was serenaded with English, Tibetan, Chinese, Korean, and Hindi songs (am I leaving anything out?). They were serenaded (or not) with the only song I could remember the words to - Lean on Me. Luckily for everyone I forgot the words to the second verse and had to stop. And yes, that is a Fanta microphone.




After being humiliated once, the traditional Tibetan dancing began - and I was further humiliated. Each time a new song would come on (and therefore a new dance would begin) I was assured that this was an "easy" one. It's all fun and games until someone gets run over. By the way, thank you to whoever took these photos on my camera - I'm glad I'll have the memories of making a fool of myself to treasure forever.




All joking aside - I could not be more appreciative of such a wonderful farewell.

Today, each student wrapped a white scarf around my neck as I left - a traditional way of blessing those who leave.




Again, to those of you students who will soon be reading this blog - I cannot thank you enough for a wonderful three weeks.

I wish I could have thought of a sentimental little speech to have given upon my departure - but it's just not my style. I have written down my thoughts and thanks in the memory book - please get it from Karmo so you can get the thanks you all deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment