Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It was bound to happen...

I'm a little nervous to write this blog and jinx myself, but here goes...

Miraculously I have thus far (knock on wood) escaped being sick in both Africa and in India - quite an accomplishment if you ask me. Thank you stomach! Who knew that the girl who gets respiratory infections every season would make it through six weeks of traveling without even the slightest hint of illness? So, it was bound to happen at some point - although it didn't come in the form I had expected.

My eye is a sore, swollen, oozing mess. Apparently there is some viral eye infection floating around the area, and it has found it's way to me. It's clearly highly contagious - but all the students have had it before in the past, and can't get it again. Be glad you're not here, and don't expect any photos of me in the next few days.

I am heading up to the Tibetan Hospital tomorrow, so hopefully they can help. In the meantime, I can't wear contacts, my eye seals shut when I sleep, and I can't see the students or the board when I'm teaching. Should be an interesting few days...

Leaving here for my first totally-alone excursion Sunday night for Dhera Dun, where I will take a bus to Rishikesh for a few days. Then, taking the train to Delhi, making a quick day-stop in Kuala Lumpur, and on to New Zealand. Hellooooooo running water and washing machines!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment