Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Alone?!

While I have been traveling now for 6 weeks, I really haven't done anything totally alone. I had help with everything and was always picked up at the airports (well not always...) and at bus stations, etc. Really, I need to do something alone. A challenge, if you will.

Hence, my two day trip to Rishikesh.

So, today I need to take a taxi or a bus back down the mountain to Dharamsala and from there I catch a bus (14-hours!) to Dhera Dun. I will get in tomorrow morning and then I have to take a bus to Rishikesh (2 hours). So, if all goes according to plan, I will have most of the day Monday and Tuesday there. Then, Tuesday night or Wed AM I have to get to Haridwar (1 hour) where I catch a train (already booked) to Delhi. Then, I have to get a taxi to the airport and head off to New Zealand (via Kuala Lumpur for a day).

So, nothing too bad, but at least I can say I did SOMETHING all by myself - like a big girl. =)

The only major problem is that my phone doesn't seem to be working - I can receive calls, but can't make them. I keep being told that it's the network - but who knows? Anyhow, I may just get a cheapy and switch over my sim card because as it stands I can't call hotels or anything to see if they have rooms.

Going to listen to the Dalai Lama via radio today (that's the only way I can get it in English) while trying to cram everything into my bag...

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Your wonderful experiences are certainly nearing completion - just so quick. We do wish you luck on the buses and trains, and on the planes too. We hope everything goes well and look forward to seeing you in Aotearoa. Namaste to India.

    ReplyDelete