Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A quick update.

Just a quick update before classes start in 10 minutes. I'm back safe and sound from McLeod Ganj (obviously) and missing the fast internet connection!

Just spending the week teaching as usual - today is Phillipa's last day, so I am now teaching four English classes each day plus one conversation class. However, rumor has it that two new volunteers may be arriving some time this week - so that would make a big difference.

You won't be surprised to know that I have found myself a little project here - reorganizing their library. They have a good number of books, and there is a list for students to look at, but it doesn't list the authors and they're not separated by type. So, since the students are not native English speakers, they have a hard time choosing books. Naturally, I want to organize the list and add authors, plus get some new books for their library. Thanks Mom and Dad for the help! I think I'm going up to McLeod again today for the afternoon to go on a bookstore spree. It should be interesting since each bookstore has a small and random selection of books - so it will be a matter for getting a few books from each of many stores. I have been asking the students what types of books they like - so hopefully I can find what I'm looking for.

This weekend - a rushed trip to Amritsar and the border crossing at Atilla. Details are still being organized, but it involves six or eight hours of travel each way and about 20 hours there.

Still figuring out plans for my last weekend here. Am probably going to Chandigarh with some friends and then Rishikesh (where the Beatles once stayed in an Ashram) on my own for two days, before flying out. I don't want to spend any more time in Delhi that I have to.

Enjoy the rest of your week! Happy (now late) Birthday Bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment