Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Aotearoa



Yes, in answer to your questions (thanks for asking), we're all good here in New Zealand - as shaky as it may be. In all seriousness though - it was in Christchurch and we didn't even feel it here around Auckland. So, all is well, at least for us.

To be completely honest, there isn't much to say so far about New Zealand - just the good life, as usual. Dad and I are in Tauranga visiting my Nana while my sister and Mum are up in Auckland hanging out there for the week, since Kimbo works. But, it's apparently all worth it since she just got promoted (!!!!!!!!). Sorry Kim, if you stole your thunder - but I'm so happy for you!

So life here is slow, quiet, and uneventful - and for that I am grateful. I have spent the last few days doing laundry and showering regularly. Some clothes were so moldy they still had little green spots on them after two washes and had to be thrown out. My shoes have something green growing on them...

Today's spectacular events included waking up at 8:30 (courtesy of Dad), eating breakfast (toast and Marmite =) ), taking a walk down the beach with Dad, coming back to Nana's and relaxing, eating lunch (carrot soup - yum!), going to buy my Nana a new down duvet (she currently sleeps with 5 blankets on her bed - how long it takes to make and how she hasn't been crushed, I don't know), stopping for a coffee break, going to the driving range (Nana and I were excellent supporters - sorry Bill, I tried, but everything you taught me is out the window), coming home and relaxing (again), going out for dinner (practically my first non-vegetarian meal in two months), and now sitting here and updating my blog.

So, true to New Zealand style - our days revolve around food and tea breaks =).

Kim and Mum arrive on Friday night, and Saturday we celebrate my Nana's birthday. In the meantime, I have big plans to finish laundry, read a book, eat, and shower on a regular basis. Next week, back to Auckland.

=) Hope all is well!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you and your family are doing well. Sounds like you are keeping busy, yet finding time to relax. Have very much enjoyed reading about your adventures. You need to find a way to make it your career. Enjoy your visit with your Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm NZ food...I definitely miss mushroom toast, lattes, pumpkin dishes, avocado dishes, fish and chips, L&P, L&P and vodka, crunchy bars...ok everything! You're luck mmm lol Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen! It looks like you are having a fabulous time! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic of you and your Dad, Kristin! I really enjoyed reading about your adventures. Say hi to the rest of your family, and have a great time at your Nana's 80th bd party. Ann xx

    ReplyDelete